The story of the railway line to Elie – by Graham Meacher
This is a video of a PowerPoint presentation, which last for 22 minutes – please CLICK HERE to start.
Acknowledgments and further reading:
- The Fife Coast Line – article by HA Vallance (Railway Magazine Nov 1953).
- Day Return to Anster – Presentation by Andrew Hajducki.
- The Leven and East of Fife Railway – Andrew Hajducki, Mike Jodeluk & Alan Simpson (The Oakwood Press).
- The Anstruther & St Andrews Railway – Andrew Hajducki, Mike Jodeluk & Alan Simpson (The Oakwood Press).
- The St Andrews Railway – Andrew Hajducki, Mike Jodeluk & Alan Simpson (The Oakwood Press).
- Fife’s Last Days of Steam – WAC Smith (Stenlake Publishing).
- Old Elie and Earlsferry – Eric Eunson (Stenlake Publishing).
- The Railways of Fife – William Scott Bruce (The Melvin Press).
- Forgotten Railways Scotland – John Thomas (David & Charles).
- Beeching, Champion of the railway? – RHN Hardy (Ian Allan Ltd).
- Scottish Region, A History 1948-1973 – Alexander J Mullay (Tempus Publishing).
There is another video, also produced by the History Society, describing the coming of the railway to Elie. This includes a re-enactment by local thespians from Elie portraying how some of the conversations may have gone around 1860 when discussing the proposal for a railway. To watch this please CLICK HERE.